Instead of spending money, here are a few pointers on how to accomplish these things by yourselves.
Changing a flat tire:
- Get your car out of the way. Safety comes first!
- If you’ve got them, remove the hubcap.
- Loosen the lug nuts (not all the way!).
- Get your jack and place it under your car (consult your car manual for the exact position).
- Hoist your car.
- Remove the flat tire and replace it with the spare.
- Tighten the nuts, take down your car, and hit the road!
- After driving a couple of hundred yards, re-tighten the nuts.
Jump starting your car battery:
- Get help from someone who’s willing to offer their car for help.
- Open both cars’ hoods and make sure they’re both turned off.
- Attach the red cable to the good battery’s plus side and its other side to the dead battery’s plus side.
- Attach the black cable to the good battery’s minus side and its other end to a section of unpainted metal on the dead car.
- Turn on the good car, wait a couple of minutes, and turn on the dead car.